Last Edit: 22Feb18
Basic User Tips
The following list of tips provided from our User feedback may improve your experience using HYBENX® Products:
User comments in the order they were received:
“I now use HYBENX® Products extensively in my perio practice. When I started I had some short term post-procedure patient sensitivity. However, I grew to realize that HYBENX is such a potent debridement agent that I did not to mechanically debride as aggressively as before. In fact, I now prefer ultrasonic scaling with HYBENX. Sensitivity complaints have disappeared.” GLL, MD, DDS. Italy
“HYBENX® Oral Tissue Decontaminant delivers fantastic results. It is a very useful adjunct to traditional RSD procedures for the reduction of bacteria in the sub-gingival environment. It is almost a miracle cure for Perio as it is cost effective, easy to use, and reduces periodontal pocketing. It also offers truly amazing results with aphthous ulcers-yielding pain reduction in 15 seconds. HYBENX is a must for all general practitioners and Specialists!” Matthew Holyoak, BDS, Dip Rest Dent, MSc Rest Dent (RCS Eng). UK
“In my experience, the biofilm decontamination approach using EPIEN’s HYBENX® Technology is a very promising technique for the treatment of acute periodontal abscesses and mucositis/peri-implantitis. Tissue surface- and implant surface-biofilm appears to be quickly destroyed without significant impact to the adjacent healthy tissues. Lesions are easily treated and heal surprisingly well and very quickly, both in the non-surgical and surgical cases. Infections are quickly resolved without complications, and pockets associated with marginal tissue recession are reduced. Any residual recession of the gingival margin following treatment is a consequence of the healing of the acute abscesses that were associated with severe tissue swelling. Patients did not complain of dental hypersensitivity following treatment (articles submitted, and in press, IJPRD 2015). However, the most important aspect of using this technique is that no systemic or local antibiotics were used in any of these cases. Avoiding the use of antibiotics is an enormous step forward in the treatment of bacterial infections.” Giovanpaolo Pini-Prato, MD, DDS, PhD. Italy
“HYBENX® Oral Tissue Decontaminant has revolutionized my periodontal practice and I can’t imagine working without this product. I have worked with the product in periodontal therapy since 2010. I have many cases that show impressive bone remineralization and periodontal charting that shows good pocket reduction.” Dr. Mary O’Dea, B.B.S., N.U. I., MClin Dent (Periodontology), EFP Cert (Periodontology). Ireland.
“In order to be successful with any dental procedure, the biofilm must first be destroyed and removed. We have extensively evaluated HYBENX® Oral Tissue Decontaminant in a wide variety of restorative procedures for removing biofilm. This includes general prophylaxis, cavity preparations, orthodontia fixtures, surgical and non-surgical periodontology, and advanced peri-implantitis cases. We now use HYBENX® Solution and Gel throughout our practice. I pretreat the mucosal surfaces before any surgical procedure to reduce the chance of introducing biofilm into the surgical incision.” Stefan Neumeyer, MUDr. Germany
“Owning and being in charge of my dental practice for over 40 years, I have seen a multitude of new products in dentistry that have promised to change the way we do dentistry. Rarely have I ever seen anything even come close to that promise. The new HYBENX product that I have been evaluating has indeed exceeded these expectations and promises. I am happy to say that I’m delighted, thrilled and surprised at the efficacy and wide range of uses that HYBENX has provided for the care of patients in my practice. The following are actual cases and procedures where I have used HYBENX:
- A patient presented to my office with a fractured lower 1st molar tooth that had been previously treated with Root Canal Therapy. X-ray evaluation revealed a large cystic lesion at the root end of the tooth. The molar was extracted with surgical sectioning of the root. The cystic lesion was completely debrided and fully removed with a serrated surgical curette. A drop of HYBENX was placed in each of the tooth socket areas. The patient experienced almost no post operative pain after this treatment. Furthermore the healing was much quicker than I would have normally expected. The action of the HYBENX is to completely desiccate microbial cells. This allows for a healthier and thus quicker healing time at the extraction site. This action also appears to temporarily reduce sensitivity in the nerve endings at the apical end of the tooth. Currently I use HYBENX on every surgical extraction. I have consistently found that patients have less pain and quicker healing time. Also not to be diminished in its importance, is that the desiccation action appears to remove the plaque biofilm cells completely, eliminates the spread of infection into the bloodstream. It also lessens inflammation and swelling at the extraction site. Upon brief application to the extraction site, bleeding stops immediately. In the many months I have been using HYBENX I have had no instances dry sockets.
- When root canal therapy is done at my office a drop of HYBENX is introduced into the canals using the way of the gentle motion of the file while instrumenting the infected root canal. After 30 seconds it is washed out with at three way syringe. Post operative pain with HYBENX is greatly reduced regardless of the level of infection.
- After placing implants on a patient’s lower right posterior quadrant, immediately after his numbness wore off, the patient experienced lingering numbness in the gingival tissue adjacent to the implant placements. X-ray evaluation revealed that the implants were not near the associated nerves that would normally cause this issue. The patient was instructed that on occasion inflammation could cause this kind of numbness due to edema around healthy tissue next to teeth that are in close proximity to where implants. The patient was told the treatment I would propose and the benefits and other options that were conventionally available. It was decided to remove his implants and place a drop of HYBENX in the implant site after curettage around the implant sites. The results were very rewarding. Within 2-3 days the patient no longer had “any” numbness. The patient will now have new implants reintroduced.
- Two to three weeks after placing an implant on a lower left second molar a female patient experienced severe pain on the lingual side of the implant placement. Two drops of HYBENX were placed in the area around the implants. Within moments the patient felt relief. After two applications the patient has not returned with any pain in the area of the peri-implantitis.
- A patient came to the office with severely inflamed gum tissue. A complete deep subgingival scaling and curettage was performed. After the curettage a drop of HYBENX was placed in the gingival sulcus of the affected area. The patient not only healed quickly but had much healthier tighter gingival tissue. The patient had no post-operative pain.
- Treating a patient with herpetic lesion with a drop of HYBENX has also allowed the lesion in a much shorter period of time.
- Using HYBENX on patients with chronic fungal tongue issues has proved to be incredibly effective. One patient told me after her treatment that her tongue finally felt like “her” normal tongue again.
- Giving patients complete and comprehensive full mouth rehabilitation of their teeth, I have to deal with copious amounts of bleeding. Before taking impressions for crowns I have now found HYBENX invaluable in controlling and indeed stopping the bleeding and obtaining a more accurate final impression for crowns.
- A patient came to the office presenting with a full mouth of upper and lower teeth that were severely broken down. All the teeth had Class III mobility. The patient was told that all the teeth would need to be removed. The patient would only consider fixed prosthetics. The teeth were all removed. Each extraction site was debrided of all the necrotic tissue. Implants were then placed. With the introduction of HYBENX at the time of the extraction and debridement, the patient experienced almost no postoperative pain. Furthermore, the patient’s healing time was reduced by almost 40%. This translated to finishing the patient’s entire case a full month earlier than expected.
I have shared some of my experiences with HYBENX. These are accurate and real treatments given to my patients. HYBENX has proved to be indispensable for many of my office dental procedures. It has added a new dimension to the care that I can now deliver to my patients. It’s a complete paradigm shift for the treatment of infection, pain and implants that sometimes confront all dentists. The following is a summary of the actions that HYBENX can help bring to the total health of my patients:
- Dramatically reduced oral pain, discomfort and bleeding.
- Eradication of bacterial fungal biofilm cells that were present in infected tissues and teeth.
- Easier detachment and removal of dental plaque that had collected on teeth including bacterial and fungal cells along with improved tissue healing time after viral (Herpes) infection.
- Eliminate of the spread of bacterial and fungal cells into the bloodstream.
- Dramatic reduction of tissue inflammation.
- A general astringent type of sealing and hemostatic effect on ulcerated soft tissue in the oral mucosa.
Applying HYBENX is a simple process. It is packaged in a syringe with blunt tips that can be used to easily administer whatever quantity of liquid I choose.
Dr. Rodney P. Leibowitz, D.D.S, USA.